Monday, January 29, 2007

Hobbit Socks

Mostly because of this site here,

www.thingsmyboyfriendsays.com

(sorry, my linky-thing isn't working)

I'm going to be posting more of Phil's behaviors and ramblings I find funny. Sometimes it's more annoyance than humor, but c'est la vie.

Yesterday he "invented" hobbit socks. This needs background. Phil is keen on picking up random pieces of clothing and proclaiming them other pieces of clothing with the confidence of a veteran couture designer. One of my T-shirts? A hat! A long wool sweater? A dress for boys! A pair of my underwear wrapped around his wrist? Why, a wrist-cuff, of course! So, what might socks with holes in the toes be when the toe portion is chopped off with Tawny's do-not-touch-them-they-are-my-good-sewing-scissors? Hobbit socks. No exclamation point, as I'm not amused, but repulsed. This also needs background.

Phil's toes exist because I am gracious and kind. They assault me with their presence. They chase me out of rooms. Don't ask me why. I can't explain it in any rational fashion. I read today on a woman's blog that her daughter developed such a distaste for other people's feet that she literally would not walk past a pair of bare feet. I'm with her. We could be friends. I hate feet in general and Phil's toes just push me over the proverbial edge.

So, what does he do? He chops of the toes of an old pair of socks and decides that these socks are the love of his life. He walks around ALL EVENING in them and then, when I ask if he really thinks he's getting in bed with those monstrosities on his feet, he answers all chatty-like, "they are sooooo warm!" Right, with the toes chopped off, shoes are warmer too.

All of this is really just the backdrop for his conversation this evening with his brother, who, apparently, has also done this to his socks. Of course. But what really takes the cake; what really assures me that, yes, they are related is what Roger said next: "Dude! I'm a ninja with my feet. You have no idea what I can do with my feet!"

It's the Baird way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home