Friday, June 02, 2006

Ear Update

See more about the above picture here. Unless you can tell what's going on all by yourself, but I doubt you can. I can't either.

Phil is improving every day. His ear is still gross and imposing and his face is becoming increasingly lopsided...and we don't quite know what to do about that. We keep saying "It's just the swelling!" but there is the possibility that it may never go back to normal. I've been in various stages of a nervous breakdown as Phil's medical stuff, huge school deadlines, and a significant ($3000) deduction in my grant money per quarter has all occurred in quick and vicious succession. Phil has been very sweet, albeit heavily medicated; he even scratches my back sometimes to calm me down despite the fact that I think it's causing some minor pain.

He sleeps a lot and dreams of things sexual in nature. So do I.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son just recently had this surgery, for the second time, and I have noticed that his ear is lower and sticks out. This makes him looked a lopsided, you had this problem? How did you resolve this issue, if you did?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home