Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Recommend:

POSTAL SEANCE: A Scientific Investigation into the Possibility of a Postlife Postal Existence

Click on the link and check out the beauty. The authors made fantastically inspired postcards and sent them to folks in the afterlife. A list of some recipients and their addresses:

Albert Einstein, Mr. Smartypants: Up High Playing Dice With God.
Anais Nin, Diarist: Sprawled Tenuously Floating, Above Sexus.
Roy Cohn, Closet Homosexual and Conservative Power Broker of the Right Wing: Coat Check Guy, Hypocrisy Closet, Eternity.
Moa Tse-Tung: In the Poppy Fields of Ideology.
Vlad the Impaler: Head Nurse, Blood Donation Tent, Helliwood.
And my favorite:
R. Buckminster Fuller: With Annie.*

*Apparently, Buckminster Fuller promised his wife, Annie, that he would die before her so he could greet her on the other side. When he was away on a lecture tour he learned she was on her death bed and promptly flew home to California. He died within 36 hours of her.

The afterlife, though I believe in no such thing, is like a story I love to tell myself, a poem I could read over and over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home