Wednesday, December 14, 2005

When I Relayed this Story to Phil, I Could Hear His Heart Break

I was driving my brother to work while on one of my many visits to the land-of-sin-and-parties: Modesto and we were listening to one of my famous mixed CD's. If you ask real nice, I might make one for you. Just be prepared to fall in love with me after you've listened to it. On this CD was Tori Amos covering The Cure's "Lovesong". It's a mediocre recording sound-wise, but why would that stop me or any other red-blooded twenty-something? My brother Aaron is listening along and stops and says "hey, I know this song. She's covering 311."

We think maybe he's getting some CD's for Christmas. All pre-1995.

And for everyone else, we were thinking this, maybe. Too risky? Too in-your-face? We were hoping so.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I am 30 and Megan is 21. It is amazing the bands that she has never heard of! It drives me crazy! But believe me...I have all sorts of 90's tunes on her iPod so she can hear what she missed whle she was on the monkey bars! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home