Monday, November 21, 2005

OK, Now that I've Stopped Hyperventilating

I think Phil is totally going to divorce me because I am a MOTHERFUCKING MANIAC when it comes to school. Today we were supposed to get our papers back for my Peoples and Cultures of Africa class. It turns out that like 7 of us had our midterms graded by this phantom "guest TA" who hasn't been to all the lectures and OBVIOUSLY cannot grade efficiently or get our goddamn papers back to us on the right day. She just sent over a list of our grades in her absence. A list of grades that showed mine as being an 85%.

This is so not happening.

I'm going to sound like a stuck up bitch here, but I've earned my bragging rights for school and if you can't tell everyone about your 4.0 GPA, then what is it for, really?!? I swear I haven't seen a B on a non-math-related paper in like 4 years. I took one look at the B and walked right out of the room. I walked about 50 paces and turned on my heel while holding back tears. I went to our lovely, witty, fair-grading regular TA who was actually PRESENT and asked whom I needed to talk to about my grade from the phantom TA. She said; "You're Tawny, right?" and I said "Yes, the Tawny you gave a 97% to on the first exam. The Tawny who gets A's, always. The Tawny who only sees 8's on her paper if they follow a 9 and precede a percent sign. Yes, that's me." And in her infinite goodness she said "Don't worry, she doesn't know how to grade. I remember you from your last paper and you're going to need to breath right now, OK? We'll fix this, just come to my office next week and we'll change that grade because I know it's bogus. OK, take a deep breath, and have a good weekend."

You'd think that this would be enough to calm someone down. A normal someone, yes. An anal retentive school nerd with a 4.0 GPA to defend, no. I held back my tears all the way home on the bus and down the street until I came into the door and saw Phil playing THIS GAME.*** I went over to the bed and started to sob and just recently got my ass under control.

I'm such a dork right now.

***When this game ruins our marriage (if my temper tantrums over B's don't do us in first) I want you all to remember that as he was signing up online I repeatedly said; "NO GOOD CAN COME OF THIS! TURN BACK NOW!" and he didn't heed my warnings. So, don't blame me when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home