Friday, March 10, 2006

A Fork In The Road

Ok, I'm going to write this post without quoting Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken, even thought I did recite this very poem at a 6th grade event and realized as I got up to the front of the class that my fly was down, exposing patterned panties; a road I should never have been down seeing as I cite that incident as the definitive reason I cannot successfully make and keep friends. But that is another story entirely, and should focus on one grievance at a time. My current stress is wrapped up in my future and however cliche it is, I don't know what the post-bachelors-degrees-in- Feminist-Studies-and-Cultural-Anthropology world will hold for me. If I were merely choosing between the Peace Corps and graduate school, my decision making skills wouldn't be so paralyzed. I had to go and throw small business ownership and fashion design school in the mix. So, consider the comments page of this post a suggestion box...tell me I'm crazy for thinking about passing up grad school, tell me I'm crazy for sewing my life into oblivion.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger durasoul said...

Just a couple cents worth: grad school will always be there, my dear, but the chance to pursue a dream? That's not something that comes along every day. For myself, it's a lot easier to live with a mistake than a missed opportunity. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home