Monday, September 12, 2005

Just Saw...

The Like

These girls were too cool for school. I mean that in the most adoring way possible. They wore mini skirts with gogo boots and sang with their eyes half closed. I'm in love.

The Ditty Bops

A joy. If they aren't shimmying on stage while playing a washboard, they're singing sultry songs from the 1930's underneath fedora hats. Our second time seeing them. Won't be the last.

Tori Amos

I don't have the vocabulary to say much other than Oh my fucking God, she is too good for this earth. A very intense, solo set. No drums, no guitar, just Tori and her piano. She was wearing (I'm almost ashamed to say I know this) a beautiful Prada dress and her hair was down to her waist and we all just sat there stunned. Highlight of the set: "I'm going to play this because this song has been blacklisted" and then she played Imagine and we all just wept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home