Monday, March 21, 2005

More Joy, Less Shame

This weekend was as snazzy as weekends get. Camie and Allen (who are, by the way, crazy in love) spent 2.5 days with The BairdHolt Conspiracy. The Theme of the visit: The Battle of the Sexes. Not only did we play that godforsaken boardgame o' gender bias, we also danced the boys into the ground at Rosie McCan's and then spoke in impassioned tones about sewing as the boys looked on in utter confusion. But seriously, this was one of the most sexually liberated weekends I've had, I mean, no group sex or anything (it was on the itinerary, we just didn't get to it) but some of the most open conversations I've been around. In another life I was chastised by a person "offended" by my "inappropriateness" in public; my discourse was just too open, too flashy, too honest. I can't believe I started to think that maybe she was right. It was a breath of hot and steamy air this weekend to see a couple as uninhibited as The Conspiracy. That, coupled with seeing Kinsey Sunday night (I'll post more about that later, there's just too much to say) made me feel like I had been duped by she who had tried to make me think I was abnormal and wrong. Don't ever let anyone scold you for being too truthful or open, in fact, don't amass friends who scold you. Amass friends like Camie and Allen, they'll make a playlist on your itunes entitled "sex" in order to drown out the heavy breathing and moaning going on, on both sides of your pull-out-screen after singing Joni Mitchell with you as you stumble home in the arms of your significant other. Scandalous, I know. Nothing like Joni to get you in the mood. Nothing like sensible people to renew your faith in friends. Nothing like itunes to give you the sonic protection you need.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sex seemed like a good name at the time... it was very.... shameless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home