Tuesday, May 03, 2005

elliot


DSC_8123
Originally uploaded by graphics84.
Elliot was and is the original AsA muse. Apparently Southern California has swallowed her up, but I still think of her when I'm sewing or trying to speak Spanish. She is absolutely the reason I started sewing. She was like "ok, we've started a clothing company" like she was deciding to have tofutti for dessert, like it was the most natural thing in the world. I totally love her for that. I love that she's more interested in saving the world than making clothes and I love that she was cool with me making clothes as a way to save the world one sweatshop-free tutu at a time. I love that things worked out this way because Julie and I hooked up under AsA and things are a-rockin'. A picture of Elliot is on my fridge and she's wearing the shirt she made that says "paz con una pistola en la mano es guerra." It inspires me every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home